Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Book Review: Sausages - Making Dog Soldiers

When I first started diving deeper into horror movies in the early 00s, I had heard about Dog Soldiers. At the time, I had probably just seen Ginger Snaps and was ready for another werewolf movie. But it just felt like whenever I had tried to watch it, something would come up. Sadly, it wouldn't be till this year that it arrived once again on my radar. 

I have said sometimes that maybe there's a reason why we miss a movie the first time around.  Maybe it's something that just doesn't click yet. Or maybe it's just not the right time for it. I know I have had that experience quite a few times by now. And yes, I'm referring to the infamous fact that The Exorcist just didn't click with me. 

So maybe it's good that it's been this long for Dog Soldiers to come back onto my radar. A large reason why it's back on my radar is because of Janine Pipe's upcoming book from Encyclopocalypse Publications, Sausages: The Making of Dog Soldiers.

Right from the start, it's safe to say that Pipe loves this film. If someone was looking for an incredibly in depth documentary or such, this is for you. Not just as someone that loves the film but for those that are finding it for the first time. I definitely would say that I fall into the latter category. And never once through my read did I felt like a topic was left uncovered. It was incredibly interesting as I was able to uncover the journey that it took for Dog Soldiers to be made. The passion and love that Neil Marshall had to see this project made is incredible. It helped me appreciate the film even more. 

Now, I know this may seem like a short review. But it's incredibly difficult to just get across how incredible this book is with words. This is one of those books that you need to read for yourself. Go on this journey with Janine. I cannot fully express just how much love was put into this book. What are you waiting for?

Rating: 5 out of 5.

You can pre-order the Kindle version here. Physical copies will be available as well. Sausages releases May 13th. 

*I had the pleasure of being sent an ARC of Sausages: Making of Dog Soldiers from Encyclopocalypse Publications. 


Follow BlazinBlue's Review on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

Follow Janine Pipes over on Twitter.

Follow Encyclopocalypse Publications over on Twitter





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to My Nightmare: A Review of Dylan's New Nightmare

Hello all, it feels so good to be able to bring you a new review. A lot of things have happened during the hiatus. The biggest t...