Monday, April 10, 2023

Update - 4/10/2023



     Hello everyone, Matthew still here or as some may know me as BlazinBlue. When I first started this blog, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I really had a few different ideas in mind. But I knew one of the things I wanted to do was cover horror movies. It's a genre that is just so near and dear to my heart. My family got me started on horror movies when I was a bit young. By today's standards, it was a lot younger than most parents would probably do today. But you know what, it's okay and I turned out okay. 

    The thing that kept me from turning this into something real was myself. I kept doubting myself. I kept saying that I wasn't good enough. I kept asking myself 'Why do you want to do this? You didn't go to school for journalism.'. And it took someone very special to me to help show me that if I put those ideas to rest, I could do this. This was something that was possible. 

    And then I just jumped in one day with a review for a small indie horror film, Weird Fiction. It then began to become something more. Was it going to pay the bills? Sadly, no. But it allowed me to finally be able to express myself and talk about things. Could this turn into something more? Honestly, I have no idea. However with everything that's happened so far, the sky's the limit. And I've had a few awesome things that I never thought I'd get to do. 

    What are some of those things that I've gotten to do? Well, I have had the pleasure of being able to cover some pretty awesome films. One of the biggest ones being Slumber Party Massacre '21. That was just absolutely bananas. Sadly at the time of the actual press junket, I couldn't participate in the audio interviews. Primarily the only thing that kept me from that was I was recovering from dental surgery. Another awesome thing that I've had the pleasure of was getting to attend a small theater screening of Addison Bink's Psycho Ape. Sadly, I couldn't stay for the showings but I was able to get hold of a dvd copy. So please stay tuned for that review that's in the pipeline. Another thing that I have gotten to do was actually interact with some amazing people in the industry, Adam Marcus and Vincente DiSanti. I honestly could never thank anyone enough for being able to have these experiences. If this is all that I've gotten to do, that's entirely okay. 

    As you may have noticed, there's been some gaps in content. I apologize for that. But we all know that life happens. Thankfully, things are a little less chaotic now. Things are still underway for our home renovations and having a small farm (3 goats and 50 chickens) can be a bit much. But it's allowed me to take some time and regroup while I did that stuff. And I am happy to say that I'm not going anywhere. I am going to keep doing this because it's something that I love. 

    With last week's Lightsaber Review, you may have noticed that things are changing a little bit around here. While I love horror films and we are in a bit of a horror boom, there's more to this than just the horror genre. I have decided to take a step forth into a much larger world. Oh wait, that sounds like Nick Fury at the end of Iron Man doesn't it? With this, I've expanded what I can talk about around here. If we would like to talk about horror movies, we can. If we would like to talk about props, toys, and collectables, well we're going to. 

    As you can imagine, I will also be diving further into the Galaxy Far, Far, Away with more Star Wars stuff. I can happily announce that there will be another lightsaber review, courtesy of Damiensaber. So, stay tuned for that one. I will also say that we will get to check out a LeMarchand Box. That's pretty friggin great. And then, I have something hidden by a big metal door of a certain Mezco variety.

    To kick things off, I am happy to say that we have finally evolved - New Name and New Header to be more fitting with the way I'd like to take things. 

Thank you everyone that's been part of this. Thank you everyone that's checked out things. Thank you everyone that's been so damn supportive of this crazy idea I had. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to My Nightmare: A Review of Dylan's New Nightmare

Hello all, it feels so good to be able to bring you a new review. A lot of things have happened during the hiatus. The biggest t...